If you follow cryptocurrencies you more than likely know about Ripple, with the third largest market cap it is one of the most well known cryptocurrencies in the world. You may have noticed over the last few days the price has jumped up around 40% at times and has seen a huge spike in overall trading volume.
This may be linked to the newest announcement by Ripple ‘Swell: The Future is Here’
What is Swell?
Swell is the name of an event in which Ripple will bring together leaders in the banking and blockchain industry to discuss the future for the two industries. Swell will take place in Toronto between October 16-18
Who will be there?
So far there have been two key-note speakers announced:
- Monday 16th October – Dr Ben Benake, Chairman of the Federal Reserve System (2006-14) who will be interviewed by Gene Sperling
- Tuesday 17th October – Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Inventor of the World Wide Web who will present a look ahead into the future of tech
Other speakers who have been announced:
- Brad Garlinghouse, CEO, Ripple
- Stefan Thomas, CTO, Ripple
- Dilip Rao, Managing Director of APAC, Ripple
- Amit Sethi, CIO, Axis Bank
- Kristen Michaud, Managing Director, Treasury Operations, GE Capital
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger
- Ed Metzger, Head of Innovation, Santander
- Mr. Nobuo Ando, Representative Director, SBI Remit Co., Ltd
- Takashi Okita, CEO, SBI Ripple Asia
- Dr. Arak Sutivong, Head of Strategy, Siam Commercial Bank
- Rahul Pai, COO, UAE Exchange
- Marwan Forzley, CEO, Veem
- Dharmesh Desai, Group EVP, Yes Bank
[Source: https://ripple.com/insights/news/announcing-swell-by-ripple/ ]
Could this announcement be the cause of the boom in the price of Ripple over the last week? Will this cause the price of Ripple to increase even more? Only time will tell.
Unfortunately Swell is an invite only event but we will be sure to keep you updated if we learn of any more news.